How to create a wallet for Ethereum Classic?
Creating an Ethereum Classic wallet consists of a few easy steps. All you need to do:
- Find a trustworthy ETC wallet service
- Decide which platform to use
- Create a wallet by making up a good password and downloading backup
- Starting to explore the features of your new wallet
However, following these steps is only possible after you have done your ETC coin wallet research. This article from Guarda team will help you in making the right decision. Let’s find the best Ethereum Classic wallet together.
Everything you need to know about Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Ethereum Classic is the original, pre-fork version of the Ethereum blockchain (hence the name). ETC was introduced to the world in 2016 and believe us, this cryptocurrency establishment road was bumpy. Ethereum project society was divided into two competing camps. The battle of the communities was taking place both on the ethical and ideological levels. Basically, Ethereum Classic/Ethereum fork was one of the biggest cryptocurrency world scandals. It all started with a part of DAO project investments being stolen. 3.6 Million ETH was gone.
Despite the rocky start, Ethereum Classic became a new headliner of the ever-changing cryptocurrency market. Major exchange platforms did not hesitate to add ETC on their lists, too.
How to choose an ETC wallet
Wallet for Ethereum Classic can be set up in just a few steps that we have already mentioned. Before doing it, though, you will need to spend some time searching. Hopefully, our guide will help you to dins the best wallet for ETC faster.
First of all, you need to choose a wallet provider. There are plenty of wallets offering their support to ETC, as Ethereum Classic is among the most popular cryptocurrencies on the list. So, the choice of the right service is becoming a little more complicated with the number of positions to choose from.
We suggest looking for the following:
- Is this wallet for Ethereum Classic custodial or non-custodial? Non-custodial wallets are a much safer option, as they do not store your private keys, your passwords and other personal data.
- Is the team of the wallet you would like to use active on social media? This point is important – if you would like to ask a question about wallet functions, you will be able to address it directly to the team. When it comes to Guarda, you can always use our channels for direct communication.
- Does the support line work efficiently? The great wallet support line is crucial, especially for the crypto newcomers. Check the reviews of your wallet’s customer service before diving in!
- Is this ETC wallet functional enough for you? In our opinion, the best cryptocurrency wallet should be secure, user-friendly and convenient. The more functions you wallet has – the better. Guarda Team makes sure to add new features to the wallet as often as possible. In here, look for the abilities to buy Ethereum Classic with USD (or other fiat currencies), ETC exchanges, support of other blockchains etc.
- Is your wallet multiplatform? Having a multiplatform wallet makes your life easier. First of all, you do not need to worry about the device you are currently using – your wallet is always with you. Secondly, some people have their preferences. Somebody likes ETC mobile wallets while others prefer a good-old Ethereum Classic Web Wallet. It is all a matter of taste.
Having all of this in mind will help you make the right decision in choosing the best Ethereum Classic wallet.
How to set up an Ethereum Classic wallet – Step by Step
Finally, we are here to set up your first Ethereum Classic Web Wallet on Guarda. You can use our video guide to make the process even easier.
- On the main page of Guarda’s website, click Create a Wallet
- You will be redirected to the welcome screen – in there, you will need to select Create a New Wallet
- Make up a good password for your future Ethereum Classic wallet – having a strong password is essential for having a safe cryptocurrency wallet. You can also use our guide to the crypto wallet passwords.
- Download your backup. Once you do it, store your backup somewhere safe. Your ETC wallet backup is the key to your coins and, being a non-custodial wallet, Guarda will not be able to restore your backup in case you lose it.
- Your new Ethereum Classic wallet is ready to use! Enjoy and stay tuned for more Ehtereum Classic News on Guarda.
Also, you can download an Ethereum Сlassic mobile wallet for handier cryptocurrency management. You can set it up as easily as the web version above.